Thursday, March 14, 2013

What I Want in a Man as an INTP Female

So, I ran across a fabulous list of fine qualities today and agree with every dang one of them.

You can find the article at Alanz Eyes.

Basically it boils down to the following:
1. Highly sexual - I really can't stress the importance of this enough
2. Intelligent - Otherwise, I'll be bored
3. Encouraging - Don't really need it from anyone but my sig fig, but this is non-negotiable
4. Pushes their self to be better than "good enough" - This means introspection and humility

I would add:
3.5. Will support me when I do the "dumb/non-self-serving" but "good/morally right" thing.
5. Doesn't have any sort of need to "always be right."

I quite agree, but it got me thinking about what my personal list would include and with what priority.  I mean, the four traits listed above are all things that are in common with the INTP; but, what about traits that are complementary?

Hmmm.

It would be nice to find someone who was able to see and meet practical needs.  E.g., as EJArendee says, we need someone to put a plate in front of us sometimes.

It would also be nice to be with someone with some financial sense and prowess.  Someone with the ability to make money would be extremely helpful.  It's not that I am incapable of making money -- after grad school I hope to be able to do fairly well for myself.  It's just that it's not a big priority of mine and I hate dealing with the minutia of accounting and numbers.

As much as I hate to admit it.  *grumble, grumble*  Someone who is fairly fearless would be nice.  I have to work really hard and engaging with the outside world in any sort of exciting way, and would greatly appreciate someone who was able to persuade me to venture out of my comfort zone more often -- based on my respect and trust for them.

Okay, well there you have it!!  Throw in that they are of the same religious persuasion as myself, and a strong, mutual sexual attraction and I'm ready to go with you forever -- whoever you are.

6 comments:

  1. I'm an INTP female. This post is so accurate to my experience, and life problems, that I am convinced some internet hacker has "remote" high-jacked my organism. Also, the other one on INTP sex - I have literally never heard another woman complain about the fact that she has a superior sex drive (I've only heard them complain about their man not pleasing them in bed enough). Can't help but wonder; do we INTP's really have this higher sex drive than most non-INTP women? Or do most women have a much higher sex drive than society (i.e., men, and to a degree, some women who are brainwashed) give themselves credit for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel confident that INTP females do have a higher drive, but this is based solely on personal conversations with some of my female friends.

      I wonder if INTP's have higher testosterone levels -- leading to both a more rational approach to life, and a higher sex drive.

      What do you think?

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. I found it on the internet somewhere else, but it's been one of my most popular blog posts for INTPs everywhere, so earlier this year I republished it over on my new blog as well:http://www.alansjourney.com/perfect-partner-for-an-intp/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Certainly not!

      But thank you just the same. :-)

      Delete